Thank you for visiting. This is our website archive.
Please visit our main website by clicking the banner above.

What Happened to Charles McCord?

Dan Castello
09-17-2007, 09:30 AM
The FAN removed his profile from their website. Was there a settlement (buy-out) between the parties? I don't think that his contract was up, and I haven't seen any other news about him.

Mark Chernof
09-17-2007, 10:28 AM
The FAN removed his profile from their website. Was there a settlement (buy-out) between the parties? I don't think that his contract was up, and I haven't seen any other news about him.

its best to remove all elements of Imus from the woodwork. the move had to be coming. such a fixture on imus for many years.

racks
09-20-2007, 10:40 AM
I guess he is waiting for Imus to revive his career.

m2b
09-24-2007, 11:22 AM
and you hate people who work with him too, like McCord and McGurk and you want them all banned from radio forever because your tender sensibilities have not yet recovered from Rutgers. Well, maybe we'll find out on Wednesday. If Imus gets a new gig, trust me, you'll survive.

"Just last week, Farid Suleman signed a deal to return Bob Grant back to WABC-AM in New York after 11 years in exile for comments he made about Commerce Secretary Ron Brown following the fatal crash of Brown's plane.

Hiring Imus would also catapult Suleman, who worked under Karmazin for 16 years at Infinity Broadcasting, out of his teacher's shadow and onto the national stage.

As soft-spoken as the 54-year-old Tanzanian native is, sources said Suleman doesn't lack for ego and isn't afraid of taking chances, two traits that will be necessary to endure the scrutiny if he succeeds in landing Imus.

"Farid will not only absorb, but also enjoy and bask in the attention that comes with hiring Imus," said Radio-Info.com news editor Tom Taylor. "He'll like the dialogue the hiring sparks."

In an interview with The Post, Suleman said only that he thinks Imus' availability represents an opportunity and that he would consider hiring him only if he could make the numbers work.

Such modesty belies the "can't lose" proposition that bringing Imus back is for Suleman. If the shock jock flames out in his return, Suleman can point to Imus' comments about the Rutgers University women's basketball team as having tarnished him forever. If the public embraces Imus' second act, Suleman will earn kudos for giving him another chance.

Suleman, who has never had a formal employment contract, dismissed the publicity that would come with an Imus hiring as a fleeting distraction that matters little to the bottom line.

"There will be a little publicity for a couple of days, but after that all that will matter is if I made money for my shareholders," Suleman said.

Sources said that both Suleman and Imus would love to have a deal in place in time to make a big splash at the National Association of Broadcasters' Radio Show in Charlotte, N.C., on Sept. 26."

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum