MikeFrancesa.com Homepage WFAN Forums Sports/Political/Media Blog Email Contact Address

For the sage wisdom and oracle like abilities of The Mike Francesa.com; EMAIL THE WEBSITE BY VISITING THE HOMEPAGE

Support The App

Go Back   The MikeFrancesa.com Mike's On & WFAN Message Board Forum > Mike Francesa Mike's On WFAN Mad Dog > Mike Francesa Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Mike loves Tuna

Default Yet another reason Evan SUCKS

I actually made the mistake of putting this horrible show on & i last my usual 4 minutes before i couldn't take it anymore BUT Evan is mocking the knicks for wanting Vince carter meanwhile during the final weeks of the season he was all over Vince's jock.

Joe even called him out on it & he said how much he dug Carter now & how important he is to the team & how he wanted to keep him, I think i saw on the FAN website carter guested on their show too.

No he does a typical 180 & is ripping the Knicks for wanting him. Evan sucks major league hog. Ahh the enjoyable sounds of music now fil the room, not a squealing, ugly, loaser, hypocrite - very nice
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2007, 12:32 PM
archie

hes been killing carter for a long time and praying for a sign and trade with the knicks because they are the only team stupid enough to do it
Old 05-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Mike loves Tuna

ya thats why joe called him out when he was loving him at the end of the season. This is his 2nd 180 in like 4 weeks so ya now he's back where he started, that's my point he's all over the map.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Ricflair

I'm a Knicks fan. I hope they get Carter. Frye and a couple of average players is a steal for Carter. At least he's entertaining. The Knicks owe their fans to put an entertaining player on the Court.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike loves Tuna View Post
ya thats why joe called him out when he was loving him at the end of the season. This is his 2nd 180 in like 4 weeks so ya now he's back where he started, that's my point he's all over the map.
Ok, you're entitled to your thoughts and all, but I'm curious as to how you made this opinion if you rarely listen for more than 4 minutes.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Mike loves Tuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
Ok, you're entitled to your thoughts and all, but I'm curious as to how you made this opinion if you rarely listen for more than 4 minutes.
because maggie many times when I get in the car that station is still on and I will hear it for a few minutes before I change it. A few weeks ago that was the case & I heard Joe call him out fro turning on his Carter stance & Evan sqealed about how he didn't now 2day I heard another few minutes as i put the home radio on which was on the station from yesterday & heard Evan reverse again. I thought I was clear, nor did i really think it mattered but since u seem to wanna be the nancy drew of who cares cases, there ya go

Last edited by Mike loves Tuna : 05-25-2007 at 12:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike loves Tuna View Post
because maggie many times when I get in the car that station is still on and I will hear it for a few minutes before I change it. A few weeks ago that was the case & I heard Joe call him out fro turning on his Carter stance & Evan sqealed about how he didn't now 2day I heard another few minutes as i put the home radio on which was on the station from yesterday & heard Evan reverse again. I thought I was clear, nor did i really think it mattered but since u seem to wanna be the nancy drew of who cares cases, there ya go
I just thought it was interesting because it is hard to gauge the context of a comment based solely on several minutes of listening. This could lead to misrepresenting jokes as fact and things of that nature. I was only wondering, not trying to infest your thread with "Magginess" that you seem to think has corrupted the board.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Sid's Manager

Evan needs to learn from Joe how to provide some non-biased analysis on the teams he doesn't root for. Probably Joe's best quality is that he doesn't "hate" the Yankees/Giants/Islanders/Nets/Devils.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid's Dealer View Post
Evan needs to learn from Joe how to provide some non-biased analysis on the teams he doesn't root for. Probably Joe's best quality is that he doesn't "hate" the Yankees/Giants/Islanders/Nets/Devils.
Except he does. If you listen they will alternate with each other between being nuetral and fanboy. Joe just gets more of a pass from everyone. He definaly shows his biases quite a bit though.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Steve In Tampa

Quote:
Except he does. If you listen they will alternate with each other between being nuetral and fanboy. Joe just gets more of a pass from everyone. He definaly shows his biases quite a bit though.
He doesn't say the Nets stink, or the Islanders, or Giants...Evan continually says the Knicks stink, which they do, but i'm making a point. You're trying to say Joe does that as well, no, I WISH he would bash the Giants or other teams I don't like, but he just doesn't do it, he knows what kind of audience he has and doesn't want those fans to be swayed away.

Evan just doesn't get it...

Demote Evan back to overnight.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Sid's Manager

Quote:
Joe is always in fanbody mode for his teams. I think he loves his own teams so much that he doesn't have any time to hate other teams...lol.

He just doesn't seem to take any satisfaction in a Yankees/Giants loss. Just about every other host on the station is the complete opposite when it comes to teams they don't root for.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve In Tampa View Post
He doesn't say the Nets stink, or the Islanders, or Giants...Evan continually says the Knicks stink, which they do, but i'm making a point. You're trying to say Joe does that as well, no, I WISH he would bash the Giants or other teams I don't like, but he just doesn't do it, he knows what kind of audience he has and doesn't want those fans to be swayed away.

Evan just doesn't get it...

Demote Evan back to overnight.
I notice you left out the Yanks in that. Interesting since I have heard Joe rip them on occasion.

I think Joe and Evan are a bit different from FranDog because they actively try to converse with each other. Sometimes I think they have agree upon the different types of things they are gonna say to get a rise out of the callers. I mean, don't you find it at least a bit amusing when they mock each other about their teams?
Old 05-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Steve In Tampa

Quote:
I notice you left out the Yanks in that. Interesting since I have heard Joe rip them on occasion.

I think Joe and Evan are a bit different from FranDog because they actively try to converse with each other. Sometimes I think they have agree upon the different types of things they are gonna say to get a rise out of the callers. I mean, don't you find it at least a bit amusing when they mock each other about their teams?
Ripping the Yanks, Joe does, fine. But he doesn't go "Oh they stink, oh the management, oh Joe Torre, Cashman, this that whatever."

Evan just has to try and ridicule the teams he doesn't like, and 2 of those he usually talks down to are my teams, he's a bad host.

He has to realize when he just nitpicks and tries to make sophomoric jokes on the Knicks or Yankees, that he'll be losing some listeners, not that anyone likes Evan in the 1st place.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Mike loves Tuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve In Tampa View Post
Ripping the Yanks, Joe does, fine. But he doesn't go "Oh they stink, oh the management, oh Joe Torre, Cashman, this that whatever."

Evan just has to try and ridicule the teams he doesn't like, and 2 of those he usually talks down to are my teams, he's a bad host.

He has to realize when he just nitpicks and tries to make sophomoric jokes on the Knicks or Yankees, that he'll be losing some listeners, not that anyone likes Evan in the 1st place.
This post is great. Well put buddy.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:05 AM
SportsFan

"
I think Joe and Evan are a bit different from FranDog because they actively try to converse with each other. Sometimes I think they have agree upon the different types of things they are gonna say to get a rise out of the callers. I mean, don't you find it at least a bit amusing when they mock each other about their teams?"

Joe and Evan are INCAPABLE of conversing.

Evan doesn't need to be demoted, he needs to be disciplined.

If he weren't Maggie, I'd suggest him/her.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:07 AM
Ballroom Blitz

Evan wasn't bad with Darling. What they need to do is spilt up Joe and Evan, and put Evan with someone like Ron Darling and have Joe go solo.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Edge

When will they pull the plug and send Evan to the overnights? I thought he was pretty decent on there solo.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Unclever Name

"If I were the Mets, I wouldn't trade for Carlos Zambrano." ~6/6/2007
Old 06-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclever Name View Post
"If I were the Mets, I wouldn't trade for Carlos Zambrano." ~6/6/2007
Give the context of the convo!

I've noticed that many times when Evan will say something idiotic it's in response to something equally as dumb that someone else had said. (And I'm not listening today btw)
Old 06-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Unclever Name

Quote:
Give the context of the convo!

I've noticed that many times when Evan will say something idiotic it's in response to something equally as dumb that someone else had said. (And I'm not listening today btw)
I'm taking liberties, but this is basically how it went:

Evan: You might've been right about Victor Diaz.

Joe: Oh, don't remind me. He now plays for the Rangers. Speaking of trades, the Post had a little blurb that Carlos Zambrano is a free agent at the end of the season, and the Cubs are looking to trade him. It also says the Mets are very interested.

Evan: Eh, I don't know........he's a hothead....

Joe: But he's only 26 years old and has a body of work....

Evan: Eh, I don't know, you'd have to trade prospects.....

Joe: He's 26 years old.....