MikeFrancesa.com Homepage WFAN Forums Sports/Political/Media Blog Email Contact Address

For the sage wisdom and oracle like abilities of The Mike Francesa.com; EMAIL THE WEBSITE BY VISITING THE HOMEPAGE

Support The App

Go Back   The MikeFrancesa.com Mike's On & WFAN Message Board Forum > Mike Francesa Mike's On WFAN Mad Dog > Mike Francesa Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2009, 04:35 AM
ragman

Default Mark Maluisis and the worst 15 minutes of radio ever

So I woke up in the middle of the 4 o'clock 20/20, just missing the Mets score. So I figured I wd listen for a few minutes before going back to sleep, as surely MM wd lead w/the Yanks/Mets, right? Wrong! He started the our by telling Harris Allen how his brother-in-law stunk up his bathroom taking a dump a few nights ago. He then sequed into reminiscences of his own nasty bathroom experiences (I wont get into the gruesome details but most involved White Castle) and finished with an update of his and his wife's house hunting efforts (actually a welcome reprieve given topics 1 and 2). 15 minutes and not one mention of sports. I know there are some hosts out there who are not listenener favorites (Evan, Tony), but at least they have a degree of professionalism. This wasnt even worthy of Carton. Amateur hour at its best!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2009, 05:17 AM
Way Out On Long Island

You know, I heard that bit as well. Awful radio, no doubt.
MM is always saying " What's on your mind ?" Now we know what's on his.
Scat talk radio !
Old 05-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Obstructed Views

WFAN's roster of nothing but "street guys" is getting bad. That is, guys like US, with really NO professional experience as a sports pundit or journalist....just fans "pulled off the street."

A street guy like Sommers is great. When its Sommers. Who is a decent man and has talent. But you need ONE of these types and when your ENTIRE roster is nothing but "street guys" and bad ones at that, its not good. The overall quality of the conversations on WFAN is very much lacking these days. When your roster is dominated by spoiled 24 year olds, hysterical, reactionay fans like Joe, and guys pulled from behind the glass and are doing toilet humor, its a bad job by Chernoff.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:21 AM
ImusRanchSlave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragman View Post
So I woke up in the middle of the 4 o'clock 20/20, just missing the Mets score. So I figured I wd listen for a few minutes before going back to sleep, as surely MM wd lead w/the Yanks/Mets, right? Wrong! He started the our by telling Harris Allen how his brother-in-law stunk up his bathroom taking a dump a few nights ago. He then sequed into reminiscences of his own nasty bathroom experiences (I wont get into the gruesome details but most involved White Castle) and finished with an update of his and his wife's house hunting efforts (actually a welcome reprieve given topics 1 and 2). 15 minutes and not one mention of sports. I know there are some hosts out there who are not listenener favorites (Evan, Tony), but at least they have a degree of professionalism. This wasnt even worthy of Carton. Amateur hour at its best!
Malusis stinks, no argument there.

Worst 15 minutes of radio belongs to .....
Old 05-15-2009, 09:31 PM
devils950003

Sounds terrible. Glad I was still in a deep sleep when that disaster struck. Ugh.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:51 AM
Dan Castello

Default What???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImusRanchSlave View Post
Malusis stinks, no argument there.

Worst 15 minutes of radio belongs to .....
You're joking ... right? Russ could slide into any slot in WFAN's lineup and be a big improvement. I would like to see him join Mike since it is pretty obvious that Big Mike needs a partner to return to his peak form. Russ could be that partner.

I used to be critical of Russ' attitude toward callers but now cut him a lot more slack after his great work with the Giants pre-game show last season. The only reason that Russ isn't a fixture in the FAN's lineup is budgetary. At some point in the near future, we can only hope for a meeting of the minds between WFAN management and Russ' agent.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:55 AM
bxpapee

Angry Tony Paige sux

I'd rather listen to mark breakdown algebra equations then listen to Tony BORING PAIGE. Can this guy be anymore boring?....i mean he literally puts me to sleep. He mentions his son Jaylen every 5 minuts and breaks down his sports career like if we give flying fudge. If that isn't bad enuff he talks about fights from the dinosaur age that nobody knows about. This guy needs to go asap. Mark, The Bull , or any other overnight host is 20 steps up from this guy. Is he an affirmative action hire?...cuz it sure seems that way.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:42 PM
KeithFromTheBronx

Default Talking fantasy football with Mark Malusis

Talking fantasy football with Mark Malusis:

http://www.fantasy555.com/2009/08/17...son-episode-4/
Old 11-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Tony's Paige

Mark Malusis reminds me a lot of Francesca and sometimes he acts like him on air. He is very intelligent to me though, and he could probably beat Tony Paige in a quiz about the NFL. Even though Mark sometimes talks about unnecessary stufff, I would prefer to listen to him over Paige any day of the week.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:41 PM
OhGeez

Malusis and Adam the Bull (WTF?) are the worst.

Tony Paige is at least a nice guy.

Malusis is a jerk/ Francesa wanna be.

Chernoff hires his interns/ board ops. What an idiot.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:47 AM
L. from Manhattan

I think Mark's pretty good myself. Now Sommers, Neer, or Lori could provide you a worse 15 minutes anytime you tune into them !
Old 01-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Mike's betting slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
Absolutely the worst sports talk radio host in history, Adam Schein was a close second.

This guy is more arrogant than Francesa, at least Francesa has a number one show, I've never seen somebody with such low talent and high arrogance. He was one of the jerks saying that Cutler faked the injury, he must have pictures of Chernoff at a rest stop, can't think of any other reason he is on the air, oh, I forgot, Chernoff is an idiot, that's the reason.
You're not alone:
http://njfrogman.blogspot.com/2011/0...-guy-marc.html
Old 01-26-2011, 03:14 PM
saysomethingfunny99

My e mail to Marc and his response

Marc;

You really should do some research before you call people out for being soft. Chicago medical people would not let Cutler back in the game. A grade 2 MCL sprain is a tear in the MCL. You sounded like a idiot on the radio today. You are trashing the guy as soft because of his body language on the bench.

Come on Marc I thought you were better than that.

Matt

Forward

|
marc@marcmalusis.com
to me

show details 4:52 PM (23 hours ago)

Hey Matt,

Thanks for listening and the feedback. I appreciate your take and the info....

Best,

Marc
Old 01-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Hanging out with Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysomethingfunny99 View Post
My e mail to Marc and his response

|
marc@marcmalusis.com
to me

show details 4:52 PM (23 hours ago)

Hey Matt,

Thanks for listening and the feedback. I appreciate your take and the info....

Best,

Marc
I wonder if Malusis' tough guy persona is just an act.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Sportstalk_12

If it is that's pathetic - no one likes a phony. Be genuine on air.

BTW how does adam schein have a job on sirius/xm? Must have a great agent.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:08 PM
StanleyNotBuckner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
Absolutely the worst sports talk radio host in history, Adam Schein was a close second.

This guy is more arrogant than Francesa, at least Francesa has a number one show, I've never seen somebody with such low talent and high arrogance. He was one of the jerks saying that Cutler faked the injury, he must have pictures of Chernoff at a rest stop, can't think of any other reason he is on the air, oh, I forgot, Chernoff is an idiot, that's the reason.
-----------------------------------------

I really loathe both Malusis and Schein- I actually went to high school with Schein. Just to answer your question before it comes, yes- that is obviously a totally fake voice. You can hear his normal voice at times on Loudmouths (when he forgets to get in character), which makes him so much more palatable, but then he catches himself and puts on his terrible broadcast voice.

Also, Malusis takes every self-righteous, sanctimonious, judgmental position of moral high ground possible, and can't keep his attitude stable from one issue to the next. One minute he's decrying A-Rod for not fake-crying well enough during his steroid admission (I believe the direct quote was "can I get a fake-tear, something??!!") the next he's criticizing Tiger Woods at his embarrassing press conference for "being fake" and "not acting normally." Because if you had to have a press conference in which you acknowledged a large amount of sexual indiscretion and scumbag behavior to an audience of hundreds of millions you'd be "acting normally" too. I can't wait until we find out that Malusis rapes kittens or steals from the Polish-Orthodox church or whatever terrible behavior he's involved in which his over aggressive and arrogant mien are clearly trying to protect. It was great when Tierney called him a "60 year old man" on Wheelhouse last week. So true.

Wow- now I feel better.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:37 PM
JerryTheCop

lori rubinson and her polls...and lack of sports knowledge makes her the biggest joke on WFAN
Old 01-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Sportstalk_12

Malusis seems more relaxed and fun on The Wheelhouse - maybe his radio is just an act? Or BT just puts him in his place?
Old 02-20-2011, 04:15 PM
The_Curse_23

I'm not a particular fan of Marc. He runs the same kind of ship that Mike does...somebody either disagrees with him or proves him wrong, and he cuts them off and makes himself sound like an arrogant bozo. I hope he doesn't have that attitude in real life, people pwn you for that.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:10 PM
get lost

I think Marc listens to tank and basises his opinion on tanks opinion. Just listen to them both, Marc always has the same opinion it never fails. It's like watching a really bad imitation of tank.