MikeFrancesa.com Homepage WFAN Forums Mike Francesa & Michael Savage & Political Blog Contact

Welcome all fans of WFAN AM 660 and the Michael Savage Nation. This is MikeFrancesa.com & War69.com & TheMichaelSavage.com, this is the only message board forum where you will be respected as a member and not personally attacked. Coming Soon: A WFAN Listener Guide that will inform the listener when actual sports talk is occurring.

Go Back   The MikeFrancesa.com Mike's On & WFAN Message Board Forum > Mike Francesa Mike's On WFAN Mad Dog > Mike's On & WFAN Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2012, 03:55 AM

There's one issue I have with one question Mike asked, and that is "What was Mattingly's number when he came up". It's historically recognized that he wore #46, but I know for a (an almost) fact this isn't true. I watched his first game as a Yankee on WPIX and he wore #56 his first day. I wonder if anyone can conform that.

I am 99.999999999% positive of this (which is an oxymoron, yes!). I was very into the team back then and as much into "numbers". Someone justify my 45 year old memory please.

I guess if someone has video of his first at-bat, that would resolve this issue for me. However -- he may have worn #56 in Spring Training... but I am convinced he wore it at some point for the Yankees.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 05:33 AM

Mushnick mentioned my youtube (although he didn't give the link) of Francesa on Tebow in December and now in March.

Quote:
Mikey’s Tebow flipflop

There’s now another fabulous YouTube posting that reveals Mike Francesa for what he is. This one contains his expert take on Tim Tebow in December, compared to his expert take in March, after Tebow became a Jet.

In December, Francesa went into a long sermon praising Tebow as a “special talent” who knows how to win. “Some guys just have the ability to get things done.” On and on; he even cited Tebow’s nine-to-one TD-to-interception ratio. By then, Francesa was late to hop the Tebow Train, but OK.

Next, his March diatribe. It accused the Jets of acquiring Tebow as a publicity stunt, “to create buzz, sell jerseys” and the denunciation of Tebow as a player who won’t help and can only hurt.

Par for Francesa’s discourse. Imagine if you were as consistently, as loudly and authoritatively wrong, and as consistently dishonest on your job? How long, outside of a scamdicapper’s boiler room, would you last?
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...kyKqy5qKPJHM/1

The youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhhzWaUyZ2Y
Old 03-30-2012, 08:57 AM
dmm39fn

Carton's such a blowhard, hope he realized he just sold a boatload of books for haney. If Tiger paid him enough, and treated him good, then Haney wouldn't be so bitter toward him.

I dont blame him for making money off Tiger,that's Tiger fault for not having a non disclosure and if Tiger had nothing to hide, then who cares.

I forgot though,Tiger's an adultery and liar. Lets see how many books get written about Phil.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:01 AM

i just read that amets rep or reps wanted to give pelfrey his release..whoever this guy is should get a gold star medal for being the worlds biggest schmuckk.release a man who is 28,no arm problems and other teams would try to trade for and he wants to release him........after reading mushnicks column maybe mike should be romneys running mate for v.p...even tho mike flip flops in a longer time period than romney("...we will say sorry,but wont apologize for it"...WTFFFFFFF)
Old 03-30-2012, 11:01 AM

the mega million just jumped a 100million to 640 million,if i win im going to buy the mets,and get mike a book called radio d.j.'s for dummies
Old 03-30-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmm39fn View Post
Carton's such a blowhard, hope he realized he just sold a boatload of books for haney. If Tiger paid him enough, and treated him good, then Haney wouldn't be so bitter toward him.

I dont blame him for making money off Tiger,that's Tiger fault for not having a non disclosure and if Tiger had nothing to hide, then who cares.

I forgot though,Tiger's an adultery and liar. Lets see how many books get written about Phil.
This is the end of the Hank Haney interview where he hangs up on Carton. Carton ambushed him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDiGictOlkk
Old 03-31-2012, 05:47 PM

Jeremy Lin is having surgery and is out for the season. His star rose and fell quickly.