MikeFrancesa.com Homepage WFAN Forums Mike Francesa & Michael Savage & Political Blog Contact

Welcome all fans of WFAN AM 660 and the Michael Savage Nation. This is MikeFrancesa.com & War69.com & TheMichaelSavage.com, this is the only message board forum where you will be respected as a member and not personally attacked. Coming Soon: A WFAN Listener Guide that will inform the listener when actual sports talk is occurring.

Go Back   The MikeFrancesa.com Mike's On & WFAN Message Board Forum > Mike Francesa Mike's On WFAN Mad Dog > Mike's On & WFAN Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007, 11:55 AM
mmd26

Default Taken Off Yes Network?

I was listening yesterday and they mentioned something about how they were taken off Yes one day and how Steinbrenner told them he had nothing to do with it. Anyone know what they were talking about when the Yes people decided to stop the live feed?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2007, 12:00 PM
docinwestchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmd26 View Post
I was listening yesterday and they mentioned something about how they were taken off Yes one day and how Steinbrenner told them he had nothing to do with it. Anyone know what they were talking about when the Yes people decided to stop the live feed?
They criticized YES for not reaching an agreement with Cablevision prior to opening day of the Yankees season 3 yrs ago. I believe several weeks of the season were missed before an agreement was reached.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:40 PM
SchmoozeFan79

I remember this vividly.
I didnt have YES at the time because I had cablevision but was at a friends house in upstate ny.
They planned on having Dolan or someone from cablevision on about the YES/Cablevision dispute.
I guess someone at YES was mad about this because they wanted to have a YES rep on before the Cablevision rep was interviewed.
But Mike and Chris were vehement in not changing the schedule of the guests.
Next thing you know as they are about to go the segment they cut the show off and go to some Legends of baseball program.
They come back to the MMD show eventually and Mike and Chris are just pissed off and sayin thats a bad job and legit pissed about it.
Funny stuff
Old 03-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Tarboro

Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmoozeFan79 View Post
I remember this vividly.
I didnt have YES at the time because I had cablevision but was at a friends house in upstate ny.
They planned on having Dolan or someone from cablevision on about the YES/Cablevision dispute.
I guess someone at YES was mad about this because they wanted to have a YES rep on before the Cablevision rep was interviewed.
But Mike and Chris were vehement in not changing the schedule of the guests.
Next thing you know as they are about to go the segment they cut the show off and go to some Legends of baseball program.
They come back to the MMD show eventually and Mike and Chris are just pissed off and sayin thats a bad job and legit pissed about it.
Funny stuff

I remember that very well. lol. Wow! Mike and Chris were very angry. Chris was about to explode. Mike was a little calmer but I remember him saying that YES were "trying to control the airwaves."
Old 03-30-2007, 03:35 PM
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarboro View Post
I remember that very well. lol. Wow! Mike and Chris were very angry. Chris was about to explode. Mike was a little calmer but I remember him saying that YES were "trying to control the airwaves."
This coming from 2 people that immediately cut off (well only 1 cuts off because the other is too fat and lazy to push the button himself) anyone who disagrees with them or criticizes them or the fan.

Its amazing YES puts up with as much crap as they do and those 2 dictators are gonna say how YES is controlling the airwaves?
Old 03-30-2007, 05:21 PM
GoodAfternoonEverybody

YES has the right to air what they want to its is their airwaves and if they did not want to let Dolan on they had a right to do that. I am quite sure if someone from YES wanted to go on MSG Dolan would have had the plug pulled as well.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:15 PM
budseligisanidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex View Post
This coming from 2 people that immediately cut off (well only 1 cuts off because the other is too fat and lazy to push the button himself) anyone who disagrees with them or criticizes them or the fan.

Its amazing YES puts up with as much crap as they do and those 2 dictators are gonna say how YES is controlling the airwaves?

YES is probably grateful that they get any ratings when they aren't showing the Yanks so the network is between a rock and a hard place with these two.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:16 AM
Edge

Yeah I remember when they were taken off the air during the Dolan interview with the cablevision/Yes debacle...Mike went NUTS as did Dog about being taken off the air.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Nobody Cares!

One of the times they showed integrity.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:55 PM
The Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex View Post

Great point.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Ballroom Blitz

I know sometimes YES will interrupt thier program with a press hearing. They did that with introducing Igawa to the press.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:47 AM
Edge

Yeah but they did it that one time cause they were mad that M&MD had Dolan on first to give his side of the arguement.