MikeFrancesa.com Homepage WFAN Forums Mike Francesa & Michael Savage & Political Blog Contact

Welcome all fans of WFAN AM 660 and the Michael Savage Nation. This is MikeFrancesa.com & War69.com & TheMichaelSavage.com, this is the only message board forum where you will be respected as a member and not personally attacked. Coming Soon: A WFAN Listener Guide that will inform the listener when actual sports talk is occurring.



Go Back   The MikeFrancesa.com Mike's On & WFAN Message Board Forum > Mike Francesa Mike's On WFAN Mad Dog > Mike's On & WFAN Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-30-2007, 11:55 AM
mmd26
 
Posts: n/a
Default Taken Off Yes Network?

I was listening yesterday and they mentioned something about how they were taken off Yes one day and how Steinbrenner told them he had nothing to do with it. Anyone know what they were talking about when the Yes people decided to stop the live feed?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-30-2007, 12:00 PM
docinwestchester
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmd26 View Post
I was listening yesterday and they mentioned something about how they were taken off Yes one day and how Steinbrenner told them he had nothing to do with it. Anyone know what they were talking about when the Yes people decided to stop the live feed?
They criticized YES for not reaching an agreement with Cablevision prior to opening day of the Yankees season 3 yrs ago. I believe several weeks of the season were missed before an agreement was reached.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-30-2007, 02:40 PM
SchmoozeFan79
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I remember this vividly.
I didnt have YES at the time because I had cablevision but was at a friends house in upstate ny.
They planned on having Dolan or someone from cablevision on about the YES/Cablevision dispute.
I guess someone at YES was mad about this because they wanted to have a YES rep on before the Cablevision rep was interviewed.
But Mike and Chris were vehement in not changing the schedule of the guests.
Next thing you know as they are about to go the segment they cut the show off and go to some Legends of baseball program.
They come back to the MMD show eventually and Mike and Chris are just pissed off and sayin thats a bad job and legit pissed about it.
Funny stuff
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Tarboro
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmoozeFan79 View Post
I remember this vividly.
I didnt have YES at the time because I had cablevision but was at a friends house in upstate ny.
They planned on having Dolan or someone from cablevision on about the YES/Cablevision dispute.
I guess someone at YES was mad about this because they wanted to have a YES rep on before the Cablevision rep was interviewed.
But Mike and Chris were vehement in not changing the schedule of the guests.
Next thing you know as they are about to go the segment they cut the show off and go to some Legends of baseball program.
They come back to the MMD show eventually and Mike and Chris are just pissed off and sayin thats a bad job and legit pissed about it.
Funny stuff

I remember that very well. lol. Wow! Mike and Chris were very angry. Chris was about to explode. Mike was a little calmer but I remember him saying that YES were "trying to control the airwaves."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-30-2007, 03:35 PM
flex
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarboro View Post
I remember that very well. lol. Wow! Mike and Chris were very angry. Chris was about to explode. Mike was a little calmer but I remember him saying that YES were "trying to control the airwaves."
This coming from 2 people that immediately cut off (well only 1 cuts off because the other is too fat and lazy to push the button himself) anyone who disagrees with them or criticizes them or the fan.

Its amazing YES puts up with as much crap as they do and those 2 dictators are gonna say how YES is controlling the airwaves?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-30-2007, 05:21 PM
GoodAfternoonEverybody
 
Posts: n/a
Default

YES has the right to air what they want to its is their airwaves and if they did not want to let Dolan on they had a right to do that. I am quite sure if someone from YES wanted to go on MSG Dolan would have had the plug pulled as well.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-30-2007, 09:15 PM
budseligisanidiot
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex View Post
This coming from 2 people that immediately cut off (well only 1 cuts off because the other is too fat and lazy to push the button himself) anyone who disagrees with them or criticizes them or the fan.

Its amazing YES puts up with as much crap as they do and those 2 dictators are gonna say how YES is controlling the airwaves?

YES is probably grateful that they get any ratings when they aren't showing the Yanks so the network is between a rock and a hard place with these two.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-31-2007, 08:16 AM
Edge
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yeah I remember when they were taken off the air during the Dolan interview with the cablevision/Yes debacle...Mike went NUTS as did Dog about being taken off the air.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Nobody Cares!
 
Posts: n/a
Default

One of the times they showed integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-01-2007, 09:55 PM
The Poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex View Post
This coming from 2 people that immediately cut off (well only 1 cuts off because the other is too fat and lazy to push the button himself) anyone who disagrees with them or criticizes them or the fan.

Its amazing YES puts up with as much crap as they do and those 2 dictators are gonna say how YES is controlling the airwaves?
Great point.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Ballroom Blitz
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I know sometimes YES will interrupt thier program with a press hearing. They did that with introducing Igawa to the press.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-02-2007, 05:47 AM
Edge
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yeah but they did it that one time cause they were mad that M&MD had Dolan on first to give his side of the arguement.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Google
 

Michael Savage fans visit the Unauthorized Michael Savage message board forum to post about all things Michael Savage.

Contact Information: Questions, Comments, and Advertising Proposals can be sent to MikeFrancesa.com Administrator

UPDATE 3/11/09:New Members you are free to post and reply to threads but you must accumulate 10 posts before you will be allowed to start a new thread.

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: 3/22/2011, NEW REGISTRATIONS Must Be Approved by the Admin. After You Sign Up, Send an Email to the Admin By Clicking the Contact Link on this Page. In the Subject Heading of the Email, Type in ALL CAPS the Following: MIKEFRANCESA.COM NEW MEMBER NEEDS CONFIRMATION. In the Body of the Email, Write Your USERNAME and DATE You Signed up for the Website.

To New Users: Please have patience while waiting for your membership to be approved. Email is not always read on a daily basis.

2013 Update: To eliminate spam bots NEW REGISTRATIONS ARE TURNED OFF. You can still register by following the instructions above. Email the Admin and Registrations will temporarily be turned on, when you get the OK email, sign up and then email the Admin with all of your username information so it can be approved.

Privacy Policy: MikeFrancesa.com will NEVER share your Email or Personal Information with anyone.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2014 MikeFrancesa.com