MikeFrancesa.com Homepage WFAN Forums Mike Francesa & Michael Savage & Political Blog Contact

Welcome all fans of WFAN AM 660 and the Michael Savage Nation. This is MikeFrancesa.com & War69.com & TheMichaelSavage.com, this is the only message board forum where you will be respected as a member and not personally attacked. Coming Soon: A WFAN Listener Guide that will inform the listener when actual sports talk is occurring.



Go Back   The MikeFrancesa.com Mike's On & WFAN Message Board Forum > Mike Francesa Mike's On WFAN Mad Dog > Mike's On & WFAN Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Gordon Gekko's Avatar
Gordon Gekko Gordon Gekko is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 82
Default The 9/11 Jewish Loyalty Oaths by Mike Francesa and Mad Dog are true as Mushnick has a

There was a thread on the old board about this, it is lost now. I am starting this up again to see (especially with the new visitors) if anybody remembers what was said that day.

I tuned in to Mike and Dog just to get a different perspective on the horrible events. I remember them bringing up Israel and questioning whether our support for Israel was the cause for the events. I am pretty sure Mike or Dog definitely said they thought it was.

Then later when Jewish Americans called up, Mike got on his bully pulpit and demanded they declare whether they would take a loyalty oath for America, something akin to who do you declare your loyalty first to. Saying that Italians like himself always think of themselves as American first.

I am pretty sure after that if a Jewish American called, Dog would jump in and say America or Israel, you have to answer that question to continue. You have to understand people were in shock, confused, but many callers were calling out Frandog saying how do you know the motivations of the terrorists etc.

So those are my recollections, anybody else remember anything.
__________________
I don't throw darts at a board. I bet on sure things. Read Sun-tzu, The Art of War. Every battle is won before it is ever fought.

Last edited by Gordon Gekko : 04-11-2007 at 01:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-11-2007, 01:07 AM
Gordon Gekko's Avatar
Gordon Gekko Gordon Gekko is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 82
Default

Here is the letter that the ADL said to the station Right afterwareds Anti-Defamation League

Mark Chernoff
WFAN-AM Program Director
Infinity Broadcasting
Kaufman Astoria Studios
34-12 36th Street
Astoria, NY 11106 September 24, 2001

Dear Mr. Chernoff:

Since September 12th, ADL offices in the tri-state area have been flooded with calls complaining about comments made by "Mike and the Mad Dog" show hosts Mike Francesa and Chris Russo. The complaints focus on the hosts suggesting the motive behind the World Trade Center attack is U.S. support for the State of Israel or, more importantly, suggesting a divided loyalty for American Jews between our country and Israel.

We have reached out to you asking for a response to these complaints in order to better inform our constituents about this matter. At this point, we need more than a casual explanation for the comments made by the hosts. The calls continue to come in on a daily basis describing the hosts' continual injection of Israel in connection with the World Trade Center tragedy.

We understand that WFAN is a station whose focus is the sports world. At this time we suggest it would be appropriate for Mr. Francesa and Mr. Russo to be instructed that their listeners tune in to hear an analysis of the game rather than unfounded presumptions about a horrific act of terrorism.

We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Abraham H. Foxman
National Director
Anti-Defamation League

cc: Lee Davis,
WFAN General Manager
Chris Carlin,
Producer, "Mike and the Mad Dog"

Here are some excerpts Phil Musnick columns in the NY Post

9/24/01:
Several times in recent days, Francesa and Russo were able to put their fingers on the root cause of Sept. 11's terrorist attacks - Israel, U.S. support of Israel and, by extension, American Jews. Such an outdated canard was very interesting considering current world events that apparently elude Francesa and Russo.....
...But Russo and Francesa's most stunning moments, emboldened by the sycophants in their audience - the only callers who are indulged without interruption - came when they suggested that American Jews, on their program, submit to make-believe wartime loyalty oaths to either America or Israel.

I'm sitting there, a third-generation American, my late father a Naval lieutenant who served in two theaters during WW II, four people I know, including a fireman, are missing and presumed dead, and Francesa and Russo, are inviting me to take a loyalty test designed for American Jews to prove their virtue to two sports talk know-it- alls in the wake of an attack by religious lunatics on the United States.

And then On 11/8/02 he write this column
in the ny post.
(Copyright 2002, The New York Post. All Rights Reserved)

UNLIKE Mike Francesa, I'm uncomfortable making myself the focus of my work.

But Francesa told several lies on the air Monday, self-serving lies not easily apparent to his audience. And, as Winston Churchill said, "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

And the lies he told, simultaneously on WFAN and the YES Network, were at the expense of my integrity. And so I write, today, both in my own defense and to expose a 50,000-watt clear-signal liar. (And because it's a juicy story, too.)

Monday, Francesa and Chris Russo responded to an item I wrote about them in that day's Post. It noted on the day of the Nets' home opener, they did a rare remote from the Meadowlands, offering, at the top of the show, a bunch of reasons as to why they were there, but likely excluding a significant one: That night's game was the Nets' first regular-season game on YES; and Francesa and Russo are on the YES payroll.

"Dumbest thing I ever heard [sic] in my life," Russo said.

"Not even a kernel of truth," Francesa said.

While, knowing them as I do, I don't believe them, that doesn't mean that I'm right or that they lied. The lies are those that followed.

Francesa: "This is the same guy who last year, when quotes were attributed to me in The Post, and The Times was going to slaughter me, called up and [The Times] had to can the piece because he [The Times columnist] had to admit that The Times never heard it."

Russo: "What was that? I forget that one."

Francesa: "Those quotes about 9/11 and everything, which weren't made and no one ever found them. Plus, so he had to admit that he never heard them, so he got them second- or third-hand and they weren't even true quotes and they didn't even have the quotes, so they couldn't do the story."

Wow, damning stuff. I fabricated a story about the content of Francesa's show in the wake of 9/11. Consequently, the New York Times was forced to "can" a story in which it had planned to "slaughter" Francesa based on what I'd written.

Scandalous. I should be fired. But only if it were true.

Sports media columnist Richard Sandomir is the person from The Times who contacted Francesa.

"There was never any overt attempt to do such a story," he said Monday night. "I spoke with Mike, but then had neither the time nor inclination to pursue it. I couldn't, not after [WFAN program director] Mark Chernoff told me that the show [in question] was not taped.

"There was no attempt to slaughter' Mike because there was no attempt to pursue it beyond that conversation I had with him."

Furthermore, Francesa's claim that I fabricated quotes, then attributed them to him is a total lie because I never quoted either Francesa or Russo in that column. I couldn't quote them because WFAN claimed that it did not tape that particular segment.

But I did hear them - first-hand, not "second or third-hand" - then wrote a column critical of them for characterizing the 9/11 attacks as the fault of Israel, and by extension, American Jews.

I criticized them for suggesting that American Jews declare their loyalty to either Israel or the U.S. I wrote that as a third- generation American Jew and the son of a World War II veteran U.S. Naval officer, I found their take to be ignorant, repugnant and inflammatory.

And I listened at length, that day, because I'd already received calls, faxes and e-mails complaining about Francesa's and Russo's simplistic, bigoted overview on 9/11, one that ignored the fact that radical, theocratic Muslims were murdering non-Muslims of all faiths, all over the world.

The fact that no tape was, in Francesa's words, "ever found" - he failed to mention WFAN's claim not to have taped the segment I wrote about - was used by Francesa, Monday, as proof that I fabricated a story about him.

And that bogus premise, based in a lie, was used by Francesa as proof as to why The Times killed a piece that would've condemned him.

And that bogus premise, based in a lie, was used used by Francesa as proof that quotes I attributed to him were fabricated - when he was never even quoted.
__________________
I don't throw darts at a board. I bet on sure things. Read Sun-tzu, The Art of War. Every battle is won before it is ever fought.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Gun to your head
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
There was a thread on the old board about this, it is lost now. I am starting this up again to see (especially with the new visitors) if anybody remembers what was said that day.

I tuned in to Mike and Dog just to get a different perspective on the horrible events. I remember them bringing up Israel and questioning whether our support for Israel was the cause for the events. I am pretty sure Mike or Dog definitely said they thought it was.

Then later when Jewish Americans called up, Mike got on his bully pulpit and demanded they declare whether they would take a loyalty oath for America, something akin to who do you declare your loyalty first to. Saying that Italians like himself always think of themselves as American first.

I am pretty sure after that if a Jewish American called, Dog would jump in and say America or Israel, you have to answer that question to continue. You have to understand people were in shock, confused, but many callers were calling out Frandog saying how do you know the motivations of the terrorists etc.

So those are my recollections, anybody else remember anything.
I remember it just as you did. The part about Chris jumping in and doing the 'America or Israel' thing before the caller could continue I had forgotten about. Glad you brought that up, he did do that.

Also I am going to grab that ADL letter and put it in the FAQ if you don't mind. (I already have the Mushnick stuff)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Scorpius45
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Bin Laden has stated that America's unwavering support for Israel was a major reason why 911 happened. His words. Mike & Chris are not wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Gun to your head
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius45 View Post
Bin Laden has stated that America's unwavering support for Israel was a major reason why 911 happened. His words. Mike & Chris are not wrong.
I think the real problem people had with Mike and Chris that day were the loyalty oaths.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Tarboro
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Their behavior is repugnant beyond words. Boardmembers need to call in about this to publicly out them for their despicable behavior. We should keep the heat on them until we are able to get through and make our points. This needs to continue for as many days as it is neccessary. Hopefully, today is that day! Everybody who is able to call, PLEASE call in. This behavior cannot and should not be swept under the rug.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Scorpius45
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"I think the real problem people had with Mike and Chris that day were the loyalty oaths." Agreed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Unclever Name
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius45 View Post
"I think the real problem people had with Mike and Chris that day were the loyalty oaths." Agreed.
__________________
Let's look at context here. This happened on 9/11/01, literally about 4-8 hours after the terrorist attacks. Do you really think they were in the right mindset at that point and time? I'm not apologizing for them by any means, but you have to look at context and it was a vulnerable moment for them.

Why do you think the tapes were destroyed? That's because WFAN/Infinity knew at the time that it was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-11-2007, 02:02 PM
I Can't Disagree
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun to your head View Post
I think the real problem people had with Mike and Chris that day were the loyalty oaths.
Exactly. You'd have to have your head in the sand not to realize that America's overwhelming support for Israel over the years has inflamed Muslim feelings towards the U.S. But it's not the only factor, as America also supports brutal and corrupt "puppet regimes" that operate in the holiest of Muslim lands, and this also enrages many Muslims. It's a myriad of factors, for which support of Israel is certainly a contributing factor, but not the only one, and who knows to what degree.

That said, to ask Jewish Americans to take a "loyalty oath" is absolutely despicable.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Mike0421
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclever Name View Post
Let's look at context here. This happened on 9/11/01, literally about 4-8 hours after the terrorist attacks. Do you really think they were in the right mindset at that point and time? I'm not apologizing for them by any means, but you have to look at context and it was a vulnerable moment for them.

Why do you think the tapes were destroyed? That's because WFAN/Infinity knew at the time that it was wrong.

This is a very fair assessment. They probably weren't in their right minds that day. For that matter, who was? Like most, they were probably awaiting word from various associates, family members, loved ones, etc, that they had escaped from WTC 1 & 2. There had to have been an enormous amount of pressure on them that day.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Tarboro
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike0421 View Post
This is a very fair assessment. They probably weren't in their right minds that day. For that matter, who was? Like most, they were probably awaiting word from various associates, family members, loved ones, etc, that they had escaped from WTC 1 & 2. There had to have been an enormous amount of pressure on them that day.
WFAN/Infinity knew they were wrong. Nobody was fully in their right mind. Like you all already mentioned, who could be on a day like that? However, that still does not excuse anti-Semitic remarks. Some times a traumatic event like that causes awful things to come out from within. It's repugnant that on a such a horrible day, one of their first instincts was to choose to be anti-Semitic and question Jewish Americans' loyalty to this country.

Last edited by Tarboro : 04-11-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Mike0421
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarboro View Post
WFAN/Infinity knew they were wrong. Nobody was fully in their right mind. Like you all already mentioned, who could be on a day like that? However, that still does not excuse anti-Semitic remarks. It's repugnant that on a such a horrible day, one of their first instincts was to choose to be anti-Semitic and question Jewish Americans' loyalty to this country.

They should have recanted their remarks the following day, or at the very latest, on Thursday the 13th. A 48 hour cool off period. My wife's family members are practicing Jews, however, and among those who listen to M&MD, none ever really spoke out about it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Gordon Gekko's Avatar
Gordon Gekko Gordon Gekko is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius45 View Post
Bin Laden has stated that America's unwavering support for Israel was a major reason why 911 happened. His words. Mike & Chris are not wrong.
Scorpius not major reason, very minor. If you look at Bin Laden's past statements his biggest single gripe was Saudi Arabia using us to defend them against Saddam in the first Gulf War. Then his second biggest problem was the basing of our troops in Saudi Arabia which is considered by some Muslims to be a sin against their religion, especially in that country which is where Mecca is located, Mecca is considered the holiest sight in Islam.

When Bin Laden declared a fatwa against all American troops serving in the Middle East in 1996 he mentioned the above things and also our support for dictators in the Middle East like Egypt, the Saudi Arabian kings, and Jordan, leaders who were not Islamist fundamentalists. He never mentioned our support for Israel.

In his speech in 1998 declaring a fatwa against all Americans he first mentioned all of the above things and then tied that into our support for Israel. In other words saying we were doing all of the above things to preserve the state of Israel, divert attention away from Israel's occupation of the Palestinians etc. Whether you believe Bin Laden or not one could argue that if the U.S. did not have a permanent base in Saudi Arabia 9/11 might never have taken place.

After 9/11, in subsequent speeches he started adding in his support for the Palestinian cause to try and increase his popularity. However if you studied the history of his terrorist group you will see that they never really cared about that issue. Sure they hate Israel, I'm sure every Muslim terrorist group does, but the main issue were the things stated above.

In speech after speech his first issues always have to deal with our support for brutal repressive dictatorships in the Muslim countries. Does our support for Israel play a role in Muslims around the world hating Americans, of course it does, to the average Muslim on the street it might be their number one gripe. Does that mean we should stop supporting Israel, the only democracy in the Middle East, I don't think so. We give just as much economic money to Egypt as we do Israel.

Anyway the point is let's say Bin Laden stated our support for Israel was the number one reason for 9/11, does that give Francesa and Russo the right to ask listeners to declare what country they are loyal to. This is the same garbage that Italians, Germans, and Japanese had to deal with during World War II, only worse because Israel did not attack us, Muslim terrorists did. That is the whole point, argue all you want about what policies anger the terrorists the most, bottom line is we know who the enemy is and they must be killed.

My bottom line is while I think it is important to understand what motivates these vermin, so we can try and dissuade more young people from joining their cause, the scum that are already terrorists will never change no matter how we change our policy and they must be hunted down and killed. It still bothers me that the architects of 9/11 are not truly being actively pursued right now but anyway don't want to start a whole political debate.

Ok sorry for the rant, who knows the answers, one good solution would be to someday end our dependence on oil and then we could stop supporting corrupt regimes like Saudi Arabia.
__________________
I don't throw darts at a board. I bet on sure things. Read Sun-tzu, The Art of War. Every battle is won before it is ever fought.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-11-2007, 05:01 PM
I Can't Disagree
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for your post, GG. I just wanted to comment on a few of your points. First, Scorpius' initial statement was "Bin Laden has stated that America's unwavering support for Israel was a major reason why 911 happened." You responded by saying that "the truth is the only thing that matters and I can tell you that the above statement is dead wrong." You go on to give references about what Bin Laden said and when. Yet you also go on to admit more than one time in your post that U.S. support for Israel is indeed a major component in the minds of Muslims. To what degree, none of us know. But that only makes Scorpius' statement "dead wrong" in the respect that he attributed it to Bin Laden. It doesn't make the underlying assertion, i.e. that U.S. support for Israel was a major factor in 9/11, necessarily false. I agree that our support for Saudi Arabia is a major factor as well, but that doesn't mean that Israel isn't also a major factor. And I think it's important to decide just how much of a factor it is.

I don't think we should abandon Israel. Nothing of the sort. But we may well be giving it too much support which may actually be coming back to harm us. I mean, you say "argue all you want about what policies anger the terrorists the most, bottom line is we know who the enemy is and they must be killed." But that's the point. There is no easily discernible "enemy." People aren't born terrorists. They come from the multitudes who have built up fear and hatred of both the U.S. and Israel due to decades of policies by both in the region. And Israel's policies, frankly, would not be nearly as effective without U.S. support. And people in the region know this. You go on to say "My bottom line is while I think it is important to understand what motivates these vermin, so we can try and dissuade more young people from joining their cause, the scum that are already terrorists will never change no matter how we change our policy and they must be hunted down and killed." But how did "the scum that are already terrorists" become terrorists? Were they just born that way? Of course not. They were the young people that we are now trying to dissuade. The point is that our policies in the region are what fuels the anger that leads some of the more desperate people of the region to engage in these barbaric practices. If we don't address the policies, we will continue to inflame the passions and fuel terrorism. And one of the policies that should be looked at is our overwhelming support of Israel. It is by no means the only one. But it is an important one.

Another thing that I wanted to address is the characterization of Israel as a Democracy. Israel has some aspects which are not at all in line with American democracy. In America, people enjoy equal rights (at least in theory) regardless of race, religion, or ethnicity. But Israel was founded as a Jewish state, and its citizenship is based on blood kinship. As a result of this, over a million Arabs who live in Israel are treated like second-class citizens. Israel's own government admitted that Israel behaves in a discriminatory manner towards them. That would seem to be another fan flaming the fire, and again, these Arabs know that Israel and the U.S. are intricately linked, so by extension this comes back to harm us.

I don't think American support for Israel should be abandoned at all. And I don't think it is the sole reason behind the terrorist attacks or terrorism in general. But it is definitely a reason, and I think we should revisit our policies in regard to Israel and determine if it might not be beneficial for us to pull back a little. At the very least, an open debate about this is called for.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-11-2007, 05:36 PM
I,StateYourName
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike0421 View Post
This is a very fair assessment. They probably weren't in their right minds that day. For that matter, who was? Like most, they were probably awaiting word from various associates, family members, loved ones, etc, that they had escaped from WTC 1 & 2. There had to have been an enormous amount of pressure on them that day.
then they probably shouldnt have gone on the air.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Oh the Pain
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
The point is that our policies in the region are what fuels the anger that leads some of the more desperate people of the region to engage in these barbaric practices. If we don't address the policies, we will continue to inflame the passions and fuel terrorism.
ICD, I'm not sure that it is our policies that fuel the anger, but simply the living conditions that fuel the anger and then our policies are used as a scapegoat. But I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Size Wins
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i believe there is a mistake here in the assumption that their remarks were said on 9/11. I'm almost certain that this was not the case. I suppose someone could email Mushnick and ask him.

I recall listening to part of that show. Something is telling me it was a Monday, but I would bet money that it wasn't 9/11.

Mushnick's column is dated 9/24. No way it took him 13 days to react to something they said on 9/11.

IIRC, one of their main 9/11 topics was whether or not Bush should have been back in the White House instead of on an airplane.

Anyway, as one would suspect, Mike was, as he is on every subject, an expert. In pompous, blowhard, know it all mode. Then again, he's in that mode pretty much every day.
I still recall him informing us that he watced CNN International as opposed to
us mere mortals who watched regular CNN.

Breaking down military strategy the way they break down a coach's gameplan. Similiar to what they did with the Gulf War.

I remember Imus commenting on their show the next morning. Actually, pretty tactfully for Imus, but for those several days, his show had a very serious tone. He pretty much said what I thought as I listened. These 2 guys are out of their depth discussing this. I don't think many would contest that Russo certainly was.

Anyway, my main point was that I don't think they deserve a pass for being in shock from something 6-8 hours old because they didn't make these comments that day.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-11-2007, 07:11 PM
diesel_100
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I,StateYourName View Post
then they probably shouldnt have gone on the air.
Exactly.

I tried to call for 4 hours today and finally gave it up when Willie came on for the 3rd 90 minute interview segment.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-11-2007, 08:44 PM
encierro
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Can't Disagree View Post
Exactly. You'd have to have your head in the sand not to realize that America's overwhelming support for Israel over the years has inflamed Muslim feelings towards the U.S. But it's not the only factor, as America also supports brutal and corrupt "puppet regimes" that operate in the holiest of Muslim lands, and this also enrages many Muslims. It's a myriad of factors, for which support of Israel is certainly a contributing factor, but not the only one, and who knows to what degree.

That said, to ask Jewish Americans to take a "loyalty oath" is absolutely despicable.
That's a narrow point of view concerning Islamic Jihad. Terrorism is just one tactic of the Jihad.

If America was attacked on 9/11 because of its support of Israel how do you explain the following terrorist attacks?

1) The Taliban killed Afghan president Dr. Mohammad Najibullah in 1996, taking over the country. Instituted horrific regime that forced women to wear burkas and executed women in soccer stadiums.

2) The Abu Sayyaf: An Islamic terrorist group that operates in the Philippines. For the last 30 years they have waged an insurgent campaign in order to form a Muslim state independent of the majority Christian Philippines.

3) 12 March 1993: Islamic terrorists kill 257 Hindus on passenger trains in Mumbai, India

4) 18 July 1994: 86 killed when Buenos Aires, Argentina synagogue bombed by Hizbollah

5) 17 Nov 1997: 62 Japanese tourists killed by Islamist gunmen in Luxor Egypt

6) Sep 1999 - Muslim Chechens blow up Moscow apartments killing 300

7) 2 Oct 2001 - Bombs in Kashmir kill 25 Hindus

8) May 9 '02 - Dagestan bomb kills 42 people

9) Oct 12 2002 - Bali bombing kills more than 200 people

10) Oct 23 2002 - Moscow theater siege by Chechan Muslims; 120 hostages

11) Sep 2004 - Beslan School massacre; 344 children (!) killed

12) Dec 12 2004- Philippines Christmas market bombed; 15 killed.

That's just a partial list of Islamic Jihadist terrorist attacks on non-American targets that have nothing to do with America's support for Israel.

The list above - most of the incidents come from the book, "Defeating Jihad" by Serge Trifkovic

Jihad has been waged for 1400 years against Buddhists, Hindus, atheists, Sikhs, Christians and Jews.

The existence of Israel is just an excuse for Jihadists. They use it to capitalize on anti-Semitism in Europe in order to make the Europeans hate America. They want 1 pan-Arab state that will then form a caliphate in order to make the whole world subjugated to Sharia Law.

They cite the Koran and Muhammad's own violent acts in commanding armies and forced conversions as justification for killing innocents that they consider to be infidels.

Trust me, if America withdrew support from Israel ,the threat of Jihad would continue unabated, if not, get much worse.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-11-2007, 11:09 PM
supercheese
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.mikemaddog.com Admin View Post
Good points all around, I think the issue is not who they think caused it but the loyalty oaths. Let's move on past the cause of 9/11 issue or move that to another thread on the political board.

I am also curious to hear other posters recollections from that day.
I remember that on 9/11 or the day after, a few Israelis in NYC were heard laughing and making jokes/taunts about 9/11 happening to America. There was some talk about using "black humor" laws (I think that is what they are called, inappropriate jokes during some type of major tragedy, etc.) that are old but still on the books to arrest these guys for making fun of the 9/11 victims and America in general. The cops might even have detained or gotten information from these Israelis when their comments were observed during the chaos around 9/11. I don't remember Russo's and BlimpZillas comments other than Russo whining "where is Bush, in a plane" over and over. Maybe Israelis joking about 9/11 while in NYC prompted this loyalty oath deal, who knows. I do know it bothers me when a grown man says "fanny" alot, just damn odd.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Google
 

Michael Savage fans visit the Unauthorized Michael Savage message board forum to post about all things Michael Savage.

Contact Information: Questions, Comments, and Advertising Proposals can be sent to MikeFrancesa.com Administrator

UPDATE 3/11/09:New Members you are free to post and reply to threads but you must accumulate 10 posts before you will be allowed to start a new thread.

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: 3/22/2011, NEW REGISTRATIONS Must Be Approved by the Admin. After You Sign Up, Send an Email to the Admin By Clicking the Contact Link on this Page. In the Subject Heading of the Email, Type in ALL CAPS the Following: MIKEFRANCESA.COM NEW MEMBER NEEDS CONFIRMATION. In the Body of the Email, Write Your USERNAME and DATE You Signed up for the Website.

To New Users: Please have patience while waiting for your membership to be approved. Email is not always read on a daily basis.

2013 Update: To eliminate spam bots NEW REGISTRATIONS ARE TURNED OFF. You can still register by following the instructions above. Email the Admin and Registrations will temporarily be turned on, when you get the OK email, sign up and then email the Admin with all of your username information so it can be approved.

Privacy Policy: MikeFrancesa.com will NEVER share your Email or Personal Information with anyone.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2014 MikeFrancesa.com