MikeFrancesa.com Homepage WFAN Forums Mike Francesa & Michael Savage & Political Blog Contact

Welcome all fans of WFAN AM 660 and the Michael Savage Nation. This is MikeFrancesa.com & War69.com & TheMichaelSavage.com, this is the only message board forum where you will be respected as a member and not personally attacked. Coming Soon: A WFAN Listener Guide that will inform the listener when actual sports talk is occurring.

Go Back   The MikeFrancesa.com Mike's On & WFAN Message Board Forum > Mike Francesa Mike's On WFAN Mad Dog > Mike's On & WFAN Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 03:15 PM
frodoh

Default WFAN Salaries?

I am dying to know roughly what the WFAN host's salaries are.

Anybody have any of this info?

I seem to remember Chris alluding to the fact that he made $165,000 a year but that seemed too low.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Lawnmower

Both M&MD in the $1.5-$2M range. Maybe $165k is the YES piece which is an add on to their base WFAN salaries.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Show Some Guts

Could've sworn the YES deal for each of them was $200k/year.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:59 PM
frodoh

So then what does a 10 year veteran like Joe Benigno make?

Is he making like 500k a year?
Old 07-20-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodoh View Post
So then what does a 10 year veteran like Joe Benigno make?

Is he making like 500k a year?
You must be kidding !
Old 07-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Oh the Pain

Quote:
I am dying to know roughly what the WFAN host's salaries are.

Anybody have any of this info?

I seem to remember Chris alluding to the fact that he made $165,000 a year but that seemed too low.

Cheers
Aren't you the same poster who wanted to know what their wives looked like? Does it really matter to you how much they make?
Old 07-20-2007, 05:55 PM
frodoh

No I am not the poster who asked about their wives.

I am just wondering how much Mike makes for treating callers like garbage every day

what a country
Old 07-21-2007, 09:42 AM
jayjay

Quote:
No I am not the poster who asked about their wives.

I am just wondering how much Mike makes for treating callers like garbage every day

what a country
More then he should but hey that's life. We could talk about this all day and come up with a million more examples of people who are miserable pricks just like Mike.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Ira

How much does Chuck McCord make? 200 grand?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Edge

Dog's 165K was him joking back a few months ago...
Benigno I'd say uh 500K is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy high lol...he prob makes 100K...I don't know but maybe around that area. Also, guys like Malusis make peanuts...really not that much more than most of us are making on here. The producers also don't make much at all...
Old 07-22-2007, 09:29 AM
frodoh

Joe has been there for 10 years. There's no way he only makes 100k a year.

NO WAY!
Old 07-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Jim Clark of Team Lotus

This may be irrelevant but a few years ago Michael Kay said Bobby Valentine made $500,000 a year on ESPN's Baseball Tonight. I know when M&MD had their first year anniversary, the Daily News said they each made $150,000. Both of them ridiculed that figure, said "we don't even make half of that."
Old 07-22-2007, 06:26 PM
jerome

i'd say Joe B makes $125k for his show.
sommers gets paid per diem $40

i met a guy in college who was a producer for a radio station in chicago. he said he made $80k, no way those fools behind the glass make anymore than that.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:50 AM
archie

Mike and the Mad Dog get upwards of 1.5M with mike getting about 500k more. I think they said the update guys get betweem $150 & $200 per diem.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:48 AM
flex

Lets not forget francesa also has the miked up check, you know the show named after him in which he only hosts about 20 times a year.

Wonder how much be gets from that gig.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Dan Castello

Default Chuck McCord's WFAN Salary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post
How much does Chuck McCord make? 200 grand?
At one time both Imus and McCord owned Rolls Royces. When Imus decided to become a cowboy he dumped the Rolls and purchased the ranch in New Mexico to go along with his home in Westport, CT and his apartment in Manhattan. He now drives SUVs or get limoed around. Yet as recently as a year ago, Chuck alluded to rarely using "the Rolls", thus letting listeners know in his not-so-subtle way that he still owned one.

He is making a helluva lot more than 200K and has so for well over 20 years.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Gun to your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Castello View Post
At one time both Imus and McCord owned Rolls Royces. ......
Slight correction, IIRC, McCord bought the Rolls from Imus. Either way though, the point stands... McCord had enough dough to buy a Rolls Royce.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:25 PM
The Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh the Pain View Post
Aren't you the same poster who wanted to know what their wives looked like? Does it really matter to you how much they make?
Hey, they talk about how much money athletes make. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Anyway, I think M&MD get paid $1.5 million a year. Whatever the number is, they both have the same salary. I would think there would be hell if one made more than the other, because of how massive their egos are. Regardless, they are overpaid. They shoudn't get paid that much to do something we do here for free. And for the most part, we are much better prepared than they are.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Francesa the Hut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poster View Post
Hey, they talk about how much money athletes make. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Anyway, I think M&MD get paid $1.5 million a year. Whatever the number is, they both have the same salary. I would think there would be hell if one made more than the other, because of how massive their egos are. Regardless, they are overpaid. They shoudn't get paid that much to do something we do here for free. And for the most part, we are much better prepared than they are.
I'm pretty sure Francesa makes a little more than Russo. I remember reading something like Francesa makes $1.75mil while Russo makes $1.6mil. I remember that striking me as odd.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:29 PM
docinwestchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poster View Post
Regardless, they are overpaid. They shoudn't get paid that much to do something we do here for free. And for the most part, we are much better prepared than they are.
Yeah, but can you read a Bubba Burger ad as well as Mad Dog?