MikeFrancesa.com Homepage WFAN Forums Mike Francesa & Michael Savage & Political Blog Contact

Welcome all fans of WFAN AM 660 and the Michael Savage Nation. This is MikeFrancesa.com & War69.com & TheMichaelSavage.com, this is the only message board forum where you will be respected as a member and not personally attacked. Coming Soon: A WFAN Listener Guide that will inform the listener when actual sports talk is occurring.

Go Back   The MikeFrancesa.com Mike's On & WFAN Message Board Forum > Mike Francesa Mike's On WFAN Mad Dog > Mike Francesa Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2008, 01:07 PM
The Poster

Default Bill Parcells (Francesa's buxom wife) has reached a new low

I have always been under the impression that it takes an entire team to lose a game. But then there is this crap about "accountability." So which is it? Is it the team's fault, or one guy. Unfortunately, Parcells blames one guy. I am rooting hard for a 0-16 record for the Dolphins this year.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2008, 01:12 PM

As a Cowboys fan...i'm glad we have Wade Phillips...
Old 07-27-2008, 04:18 PM
unfathomable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtred View Post
hopefully, you won't be saying the same in january.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Oh My Goodness Gracious

It's always irritated me how Mike is sick of Brett Favre and Roger Clemens' retirement shenanigans but never a peep outta him about Bill.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:28 PM

to be fair...a caller brought up this point last week...Francesa admitted that Parcells has made some bad decisions...
Old 07-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Back After This

Tuna's just being a girl here. There was almost a minute left for Seattle to drive within FG range to try to win the game, which could've happened anyway.

I give credit to him for re-building the team through the drafts (except for Julius Jones over Steven Jackson), but please, just keep the Cowboys (and all the other teams you slutted yourself to) out of your fat, cranky piehole. Talk about the Dolphins now, would you please?
Old 07-27-2008, 10:06 PM
SteveJRogers

Quote:
to be fair...a caller brought up this point last week...Francesa admitted that Parcells has made some bad decisions...
"I have the right to change my mind!"
-Bill Parcells.

Big bit of double standard though. Especially considering how many teams Parcells has burned over the years. Its not even a close comparison when matched up with the Clemens or Favre retirement dramas.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Mike loves Tuna

I dunno, i love ripping tuna too but i don't really interpret this badly.

I don't think he ripped Romo specifically & blamed him either i think he was saying "a field goal is a gimmie & it almost gave me a heart attack & i'm as low as ever right now from a lousy field goal, I'm to old for this."

that's how i interpret it anyway
Old 07-28-2008, 12:04 AM
budseligisanidiot

Quote:
that is a bold statement

not for nothing but Phillips has never won a playoff game
Old 07-28-2008, 12:10 AM
tomkier3

Quote:
You root for the cowboys? Ugh.. Why do so many losers from NY/NJ root for the damn Cowboys?
Old 07-28-2008, 12:14 AM
budseligisanidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkier3 View Post
You root for the cowboys? Ugh.. Why do so many losers from NY/NJ root for the damn Cowboys?
"The Cowboy Pajama" or "Steeler Pajama" fans! got to love them for their loyalty. easy to pick a winner when your 6 or 7 and to stick with them through all these tough tough years!"

Old 07-28-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budseligisanidiot View Post
"The Cowboy Pajama" or "Steeler Pajama" fans! got to love them for their loyalty. easy to pick a winner when your 6 or 7 and to stick with them through all these tough tough years!"
That's exactly what happened...back in the early 70's with the local home blackout rule in place...Cowboys were always on...been 12 years since we won a playoff game...so i don't wanna hear any bandwagon talk...
Old 07-28-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkier3 View Post
hey...screw you...at least i've rooted for the same team for almost 40 years...most yankee "fans" i know didn't think the team existed before '96....
Old 07-28-2008, 09:45 AM
devils950003

Quote:
That's exactly what happened...back in the early 70's with the local home blackout rule in place...Cowboys were always on...been 12 years since we won a playoff game...so i don't wanna hear any bandwagon talk...
That's how my uncle started rooting for the Steelers. The Jets and Giants were a joke back then and Pittsburgh was always on NBC, with Curt Gowdy and Al DeRogatis calling the games.

Question for you guys with respect to the blackout rule...before it was lifted, could CBS or NBC show an out-of-market game if the Giants or Jets were at home, or did the blackout rule only apply to the Giants and Jets? For example, if the Giants were at home and Vikings/Rams was on at the same time, could CBS show that game in New York?

Last edited by devils950003 : 07-28-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils950003 View Post
Question for you guys with respect to the blackout rule...before it was lifted, could CBS or NBC show an out-of-market game if the Giants or Jets were at home, or did the blackout rule only apply to the Giants and Jets? For example, if the Giants were at home and Vikings/Rams was on at the same time, could CBS show that game in New York?
yea...they could show a game at the same time
Old 07-28-2008, 10:44 AM
ghost of yum yum

It is always said that the Cowboys would have won the game if Romo gets the snap down. There was still 1:10 left in the game and Seattle could have easily torn up Roy Williams and the awful Dallas secondary to get in field goal range. The defense the almighty Parcells built from scratch couldn't stop anyone. What killed Dallas is the reversal of the spot that gave them a first down the play before.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Bad in a big spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost of yum yum View Post
It is always said that the Cowboys would have won the game if Romo gets the snap down. There was still 1:10 left in the game and Seattle could have easily torn up Roy Williams and the awful Dallas secondary to get in field goal range. The defense the almighty Parcells built from scratch couldn't stop anyone. What killed Dallas is the reversal of the spot that gave them a first down the play before.
exactly, it was a forgone conclusion that Seattle was going to march down the field and Josh Brown was going to kick the game winning field goal for like the 5th time that year
Old 07-28-2008, 11:04 AM

once the the botched FG happened...i thought the Cowboys should've let Alexander score on a run...and get the ball back down 8 with a minute left...
Old 07-28-2008, 11:13 AM
ghost of yum yum

The safety on Glenn was what sent everything downhill. If that is ruled a touchdown the game is tied with Dallas receiving the kickoff instead of Seattle taking over at midfield down 5. A funny moment on the show was Francesa insisting for hours on the Monday that it should have been an incomplete pass because the ball touched the ground and then the head of officials coming on and telling Mike he was wrong.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Bad in a big spot

Quote:
once the the botched FG happened...i thought the Cowboys should've let Alexander score on a run...and get the ball back down 8 with a minute left...
once Seattle had the ball they had 3 timeouts left with the 1minute plus left on the clock. And Alexander run up the middle on 1st down and got another first down. If Dallas just played a little D, they couldve gotten the ball back with a minute or so to play