Well primarily Mike Francesa, this is all my opinion. Here are a few gems to recap the past few days.
1. That Imus losing two weeks is a very big deal because it is a ratings month. Apparently Francesa is not too smart about the inside business of radio. Imus would have been back for the important sweeps week.
2. That the whole Imus sandstorm was over one sentence. Sorry Francesa this about a history of comments.
3. That Imus is Jesus Christ who was the reason twenty year olds who were sick when they were kids are alive today. No comment needed.
4. That the cure for cancer will now be in jeopardy now that Imus is no longer around. No comment needed.
5. That the Imus show was the most important political forum on television, as important as Meet the Press. That statement is the reason Francesa will never be asked to do a political show.
6. That Mushnick and Raissman are only piling on now because they have their shot with this one sentence. Sorry Fatboy those two guys have been writing about Imus for years.
7. That on the day MSNBC fired Imus, Fatcessa said anyone who has watched the past 48 hours saw the firing coming. Then later in the show proclaims nobody could see this coming. All of this despite the fact that Mad Dog and Mike predicted that Imus would not be fired from either MSNBC or WFAN.
8. In reference to Raissman stating that nobody on the station tells us what to say. Then on the day of the MSNBC firing stating that the station had told Dog and Mike to be quiet but they are not going to be quiet anymore on this issue.
9. In reference to Raissman stating that he knows nothing about the inner workings of WFAN. Nobody in the media has any credible information about what goes on in the studio and offices of WFAN. When I can stop laughing, Mike WFAN is not the Pentagon, you have moles all around you, some of whom have emailed me personally.
10. Denying what Raissman wrote that Mike and Dog were going to support Imus no matter what. Well that was exactly what took place, anybody listening today heard the phoniness of Mike and Dog. Anybody who supported Don were saints, people who didn’t were scoundrels. Weeks ago Mike and Dog called John Kerry a phony, now he is a great guy because he supported Don, yeah real objective guys. Telling us we shouldn’t vote for politicans who did not support Imus.
11. Francesa saying the Imus firing moved him to tears. When do I stop laughing, the only thing that moves Francesa to tears is money, so of course Francesa was crying, crying that the station just lost 50 million in annual revenue, looks like the flies will be back in the studio soon.
12. Mad Dog saying he had a problem with Imus apologizing 48 hours later but now saying anyone in the media who was critical of Don’s handling of the situation is a phony and should shut up.